Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hunger Games


I encountered this book when it was released in year 2008 and was not actually interested on it mainly because I thought it was just another Twilight book. I chance upon it again with the release of its third book in 2010 "Mockingjay" and there i decided to give it a chance. And so i downloaded pdfs on my phone hoping i could read it there.
And then it captivated me. I was glued to it, i can't stop reading. And so I started looking for the real book at National and other bookstores only to find out that it was out of stocks. After a month of looking, i found it at SM CDO National, there i bought the box set. It was a good buy actually. Yes, it is a book for young adults just like Harry Potter and Twilight books but I must admit, Suzanne Collins was better than the other authors. This is no fantasy story dwelling on wizards and vampires and werewolves but of war and revolutions that will happen in the future. The characters are real people.
And i read on the news they are making a movie based on the trilogy (four movies actually) and stars Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique of X-men:First Class) as Katniss Everdeen.
Now i am currently reading the second book "Catching Fire".

No comments: