Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

Who is Adele?

Usually, I go to amazon.com to check on new music releases of my favorite foreign artists. When you go inside the Music Department, they have a bestsellers section where they post the top bestselling album of the moment. And every time I look at that section I see this:



Who is Adele? Why on earth is her album on top for almost half of the year? Honestly, I only heard of her name once when I saw Thia Megia sang “Chasing Pavements” on her audition in American Idol and they compared her to Adele. That’s when I thought of looking for the original version of that song and when I first hear it, I thought I was listening to Amy Winehouse but more feminine and sweet.

Adele’s real name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins and she hails from England. Her music is combination of rnb, soul, jazz and blues which perfectly compliment her powerful voice. At age 22, she won two Grammy Awards from her debut album “19” and I think with the release of her sophomore album “21”, more awards will definitely come.
Well, it’s not yet too late to hook on Adele. For people who love listening to music, it is a must to like her.

Here are the albums of Adele:




Adele's Rolling In The Deep Video:

No comments: